Friday, September 22, 2006

Prophet, Priest and King

Master, Teacher, and Lord...the names that could be used to describe Christ are bountiful. (I like the word bountiful...so I use it when I can. :) ) I just heard this song say that this is the Judge that ends the strife where wit and reason fail. The deeper I plunge (figuratively) into knowing Christ the more I realize a paradox. The more I learn about who I am in Christ, the more I learn about Christ. The more I know about my identity in Christ, the more I want to know Him. This isn't a search to find myself, but a search to find myself in Him. In order to be found in Him, I need to be conformed to Him. In order to be conformed to Him, I must know Him and obey Him. Who I truly am, can only be found in learning who He truly is for I can only be found in Him. Romans 6 is awesome stuff.

When we were born, we were born with a flesh-man and a spirit-man. The flesh-man is cursed because of the fall of man. The spirit-man is chained and a slave to the flesh-man. Then Christ died and all who believe die with Him. The spirit-man identifies with the death of Christ and dies to the flesh. The chains that bound the spirit-man can no longer hold the spirit-man because the spirit-man has died and is now with Christ. However, just as Christ rose from the dead, so does our spirit-man after being identified or 'crucified with Christ'. The spirit-man has risen back to life in us and is no longer bound to conform to the flesh-man. The spirit-man is now bound to Christ.

Oh how I want to know Him.

No comments: