Thursday, September 28, 2006

You can never be a Christian too long...(Part 2)

...to learn you haven't got it all figured out and that there is an unceasing need for the understanding of the Lord.

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways, acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."

I'm learning that we shouldn't lean on our own understanding in any facet of this earthly existence. I assumed I knew a lot about the heart of God and have been easily drawn into the clamour of the crowd. I am so eager to participate on one side or the other in a picket-sign contest. God is showing me that I need to slow down and seek his understanding before I go running out into the world to participate in the world's debates. Without building my foundation on the rock, my faith will be nothing more than shifting sand. I am acknowledging Jesus and leaning not on my own understanding. I trust that He will make the paths straight.

No comments: